For new staff and as a reminder to veteran teachers:
Here are the guidelines for submitting an announcement for Hawk Talk or the looping slideshow.
For Hawk Talk:
- Announcement should be of a reasonable length and in natural spoken language - no posters or flyers please!
- Include a date range which you would like your announcement read - maximum of two weeks.
- Sponsor signature must accompany all club announcements unless you email it to me yourself.
- Place announcement in the submission box on the Information Desk in the media center or email it to me.
- Announcements must be submitted by 9:00 to be read that day.
For Looping Slideshow:
- Condense your announcement so that it will fit on a single slide without the need for small text.
- Consider having your club members create their own slide and emailing it to me. I accept PowerPoint, Keynote, or image files (JPG, GIF, PNG, etc.).
- Slides can run indefinitely, particularly if you are announcing your weekly club meeting.
- Slides are only for events that are more than 3 days in the future; otherwise it's not worth the effort of making them.
- If your announcement fits the criteria for both of the above, indicate in your email/submission that you would like both.
- I reserve the right to modify the announcement or the slide to fit the criteria.