Knowing how to set up a printer on your laptop is a skill everyone should have. If you only print out one of these teacher tips to keep with you later, this is the one. That being said, if you need help, just ask a media staff member. NOTE: A printer set up on the Windows side of your laptop will still need to be set up separately on the Mac side.
FOR MAC OS:
- Go to System Preferences and select Print & Fax.
- Click the “+” button to add a printer.
- Click on the “IP” button.
- Change Protocol to “Line Printer Daemon - LPD”
- Enter the printer Hostname from the list below on the address line.
- On the Name line, give the printer a name that you’ll remember.
- Click “Add” and you’re done.
FOR WINDOWS 7:
- From the Start menu, Devices & Printers.
- Click “Add a Printer,” then “Add a Local Printer.”
- Select “Create a New Port” with type “Standard TCP/IP.” Click Next.
- Enter the printer Hostname from the list below.
- If the driver does not automatically install, then select the manufacturer (HP, usually) and model from the list (use PCL option if available). Click Next.
- If driver does install automatically, give the printer a name that you’ll remember and click Next.
- Select “Do not share this printer,” and click Next.
- Choose whether to make it your default printer or not and click Finish.
- Arts & PE Planning (HP 4200) - Hostname: RHHTCPAPRHP001.inst.hcpss.org
- 9th Grade Lounge (HP P3015) - Hostname: RHHTCPBPRHP001.inst.hcpss.org
- Humanities Planning (HP P3015) - Hostname: RHHTCPCPRHP001.inst.hcpss.org
- MST Planning (Rm 144) (HP P3015) - Hostname: RHHTCPDPRHP002.inst.hcpss.org
- Science Prep Upstairs #1 (HP 4200) - Hostname: RHH248BPRHP001.inst.hcpss.org
- Science Prep Upstairs #2 (HP P3005) - Hostname: RHH248BPRHP002.inst.hcpss.org
- Science Prep Downstairs (HP 4200) - Hostname: RHHSCIPPRHP001.inst.hcpss.org