So you've been delegated the task of writing a blurb for the morning announcements by your club officers or sponsor - no problem! Here are some guidelines you must follow to have our anchors read your announcement on the air.
Make sure your announcement...
- ...is legibly written or typed and is of a reasonable length.
- ...is submitted at least two hours ahead of time (by 8:00 a.m.) to the submission box on the checkout desk in the media center.
- ...is written in readable language (i.e. no posters).
- ...includes a date range (2 week maximum).
- ...is, MOST IMPORTANTLY, signed by a sponsor or administrator.
Alternatively, if you email your announcement to your sponsor and they forward it to me, that is the same as signing it.
Have a video announcement? Bring it on a flash drive or disc to Mr. Ahr in the media center at least a day in advance. Videos should be around 1 minute in length, 2 minutes maximum in special circumstances.
Have a slide you want on the TVs in the hallway? Read Submitting a Slide for the Looping Slideshow .